Subscribers to our in depth market assessments are provided with focused knowledge relevant to operational decisions. We also provide many specialized reports as part of your FedCyber Pro membership, including:
- Fed Approaches to Cyber Security
- Federal Cyber R&D Needs
- Federal Technology Mission Drivers
- Key Encryption and Security Related Terms and Concepts
- Security Compliance Drivers
- Technology Dimensions of Cyber Defense
- What is the CIO Tech Stat?
We also recommend you survey publicly available information on cyber mission needs. Federal agencies and their leaders are frequently cited in the press and this is a rich source of background information that can be of use to your strategy. Testimony to congress, GAO reporting and formal articulations of strategy are also key sources. We provide links to many documents of this type below.
Background on the Cyber Threat
- 2010 Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report: rp_2010-data-breach-report (PDF document, version 1.6, 2.1 MB): Great reference to what is really happening in the nets.
- 2010 Symantec Internet Security Threat Report: Internet_security_threat_report_xv_04-2010 (PDF document, version 1.6, 5.2 MB): Important trends in the threat articulated by Symantec.
- Microsoft Security Intelligence Report: Microsoft_Security_Intelligence_Report_volume_9_Jan-June2010 (PDF document, version 1.7, 6.8 MB) Trends and views and analysis from Microsoft.
Federal Civilian Cyber References
- 25 Point Implementation Plan to Reform Federal Information Technology Management: 25-Point-Implementation-Plan-to-Reform-Federal IT (PDF document, version 1.4, 189 KB)
- Memorandum of Agreement between DHS and DoD regarding CyberSecurity: 2010-10-13-DoD-DHS-Cyber MOA: Agreement signed by Secretary of Homeland Security Napolitano and Secretary of Defense Gates.
- GAO Report: US Faces Challenges in Addressing Global Cybersecurity and Governance 2010-07-GAO — Cyberspace: Outlines GAO views on challenges in cyberspace.
- A Roadmap for Cybersecurity Research DHS-Cybersecurity-Roadmap: Spells out the S&T desires for DHS.
- GAO Report: Cyberspace Policy: Executive Branch Making Progress Oct 2010 GAO Cyberspace Policy GAO overview of Cyberspace Policy
DoD Cyber References
- Statement of General Keith B. Alexander, Commander, US Cyber Command Alexander Statement: HASC Testimony by General Alexander of 23 September 2010.
- Advance Questions for LTG Alexander 2010-04-USCYBERCOM Advance Questions: Provides more details on intent of DoD and Cybercom.
- The United States Air Force Blueprint for Cyberspace 2009-11-02-AFSPC Cyber Blueprint: Outlines USAF coordinated blueprint for Cyberspace.
- Secretary of Airforce Memorandum on Cyberspace Missions AFD-090821-046: Provides secretary of the air force guidance for USAF.
Intelligence Community Cyber References
- Remarks and Q&A by Director of National Intelligence Mr. James Clapper 20101006_Clapper speech: Provides overview of the current threat, including highlighting the blurring of old borders with new cyber threats.
- Press Conference with Deputy Director of National Intelligence for Collection Mr. Glenn Gaffney 20091023_Gafney speech: Provides overview of some IC responses to the cyber threat.
- Annual Threat Assessment of the US Intelligence Community for 2010 20100203_Blair testimony: Annual Threat Assessment by DNI Blair of 3 Feb 2010.