This workshop is for real developers only. It will sell out soon. Please check it out now and if you need to be there register immediately. If you know someone else who should be there tell them to do the same.
Big Data Integration Workshop
Tue, Dec 2 — English — Vienna, VA (22 spaces remaining)
Big data represents a major shift in the technology landscape. To tackle challenges related to the increased variety, velocity, and volume of information, companies are turning to Hadoop, NoSQL and Analytics Databases. If you are working with a big data environment or just starting to work on your big data strategy, this workshop is a great opportunity to get hands-on experience with Pentaho design patterns in big data.
The Pentaho Big Data Integration Workshop will teach you how to use Pentaho to implement three common big data uses with Cloudera, MongoDB and Vertica. Pentaho provides data integration and an analytics platform that supports the entire big data lifecycle. Using a combination of instructor-led presentations and hands-on exercises, the workshop teaches you Pentaho development methods for the following big data use cases:
1. EDW Optimization – offload and optimize your EDW with Cloudera
2. Streamlined Data Refinery – implement a streamlined data refinery with Cloudera and Vertica
3. Customer 360◦ View – create a single view of your customers with MongoDB
At the end of this full-day Pentaho workshop, data architects and developers will have hands-on experience with a complete, visual design environment to simplify and accelerate data preparation, integration, and analysis within a big data architecture.
|8:00am- 8:30am||Registration and Breakfast|
|9:00am-11:00am||Use Case 1: EDW Optimization|
|12:00pm-2:00pm||Use Case 2: Streamlined Data Refinery (SDR)|
|2:30-4:30pm||Use Case 3: Creating a 360◦ View|
Who is providing this training?
This class is delivered by Pentaho.
How is this training usually structured?
Typically we divide the training days into three sessions. One in the morning and two in the afternoon. Short 15-minutes breaks in the morning and the afternoon, and usually an hour-long lunch-break.
The last 30 minutes is usually reserved for questions and answers.
Attendees are encouraged to arrive at least 20 minutes early on the first day of the class and 15 minutes early for the remainder of the training.
What is provided for this training?
For this training, Pentaho provides:
- A take-home copy of the training materials.
- All equipment required to perform the hands-on parts of this class. This usually means a personal computer.
- Refreshments. This usually includes coffee, tea, juices, soft drinks, and water to keep you hydrated.
- Snacks. This usually includes croissants, bagels, danishes, or other pastry.
- Food. A selection of food to choose from will be provided at lunch time. This usually includes burgers, sandwiches, wraps, salads, pizzas, etc.
What am I responsible for?
You are responsible for:
- Transportation to and from the classroom
- Arriving to class on time (including from the breaks)
- Meeting the class prerequisites. See the course page for more info.
Who are your instructors?
Our instructors have superb hands-on experience with the technology they teach and many of them are published authors. This gives them the ability to go beyond the curriculum and to illustrate examples inspired by your specific project goals.
Do you have a list of references?
References can be provided on request. Please contact us.
Register at: http://ctolink.us/1xdZZZ9