Attacks made on Sony’s PlayStation Network coincided with a bomb scare on an American Airlines jet carrying John Smedley, the president of Sony Online Entertainment. The same Twitter account that claimed responsibility for the online attacks repeated the warning that the flight carrying John Smedley was carrying explosives.
Sony’s PlayStation Network was forced offline for much of Sunday by a cyber-attack in what appears to be a campaign against several online gaming services.
Read more here at BBC.
- How hackers hit a jet (smh.com.au)
- PSN DDOS hackers tweet bomb threat for Sony president flight (kitguru.net)
- PlayStation and Xbox hit by attacks (bbc.co.uk)
- Playstation Network and Blizzard hit with massive DDoS attack (dailydot.com)
- Hackers that call themselves “Lizard Squad” attack Sony PlayStation Network (fox6now.com)
- PlayStation Network Taken Down by DDoS Attack, Hackers Claim Responsibility (technobuffalo.com)