By Bob Gourley
I’ve previously mentioned the very virtuous Security Innovation Network (SINET).
With this note I want to enlist your help in finding innovative technology firms with potentially very virtuous security capabilities to apply to a SINET run activity which can help accelerate the use of helpful technologies by the government.
Companies that might be a good fit need to apply to be considered.
Here is more info from: http://www.security-innovation.org/showcase2013/Showcase2013.htm
December 4th & 5th | National Press Club, Washington D.C.
Supported by the Department of Homeland Security, Science & Technology Directorate
SINET programs are designed to build community of interest and trust in order to “Give the Entrepreneur a Voice…” The SINET Workshops & Showcase bridges the gap between innovative early stage and emerging IT security solution providers and representatives from the investment, research, system integration, industry and Federal Government communities.
THE SINET 16:
Innovative solutions frequently come from new and small companies. Our goal is to provide global entrepreneurs an opportunity to increase their product awareness to a select audience of sophisticated investors, builders, buyers, researchers and investors. The guideline for companies to participate is to have annual revenue of approximately fifteen (15) Million dollars or less. However, advanced products from more established companies, or from foreign countries, may also be considered if they meet high-priority security needs & requirements.
Additional SINET 16 Information:
- The guideline for companies to participate is to have approximately fifteen (15) Million dollars of annual revenue or less
- SINET 16 Innovators will have six minutes to deliver their value proposition
- SINET 16 Innovators will be included in SINET press releases and marketing material before, during and after the Showcase
- SINET 16 Innovators will receive a free booth to display their technology at the Showcase
In preparation for the SINET Showcase, SINET assembles a steering committee consisting of Cybersecurity leaders from industry, government, venture capital, investment banking & academia. The committee works with Federal Agencies and private industry to identify their most critical needs and requirements. These needs & requirements are used to help evaluate applicant companies during the vetting process.
- The application process opens on June 1st, 2013 Please visit our website for more details.
- The application process will close August 15, 2013.
- Once the application window closes the showcase steering committee will begin their evaluation of the applicants – only 50 companies will be selected to advance to Round 2 which will take place around the end of September 2013.
- The companies selected will receive free coaching on the East Coast on November 20 and the West Coast on November 21 and assistance on their presentation in order to maximize their six minutes on stage. In order for companies to present, they must go through the complimentary coaching which is mandatory. No exceptions.
- SINET 16 Innovators will have an opportunity to meet with interested parties at their booth during the day and evening reception
To Apply Please visit: https://www.research.net/s/SINET_2013_Showcase_Application
For sponsorship information please contact
Meghan Monahan | email@example.com
For general event information please contact
Barbara Connolly | firstname.lastname@example.org