By Bob Gourley
Cloudera has just announced an awards program designed to highlight repeatable solutions that achieve great things for key mission areas. This program, called the “Data Impact Award,” will bring focus to CDH users and the applications they are building around the Big Data solution framework.
Here is more from the official announcement:
Calling all CDH users! You have accomplished amazing things with Hadoop, and it’s time to shine a spotlight on your success. Nominations are now open for the first annual Data Impact Awards, presented by Cloudera.
The goal of this program is to recognize CDH users for the applications you’ve built using Hadoop, and for the impact your project is having on the organization, business, and/or society at large.
The 2013 Data Impact Awards will highlight achievements in the following areas:
- BUSINESS IMPACTDriving tangible results to an organization, company or industry by empowering new capabilities that generate top-line growth and/or increased competitive advantage, or improving operational efficiencies that result in quantifiable bottom-line savings.
- SOCIAL IMPACTPutting Hadoop to work in a way that has a positive impact on the planet, society, or humankind at large.
- COMMUNITY CONTRIBUTIONSDriving significant, steady innovations within the Apache Hadoop community through active participation and contributions to ecosystem projects, online forums, and/or user groups.
- PERVASIVE USER ADOPTIONSupporting the proliferation of Hadoop across user groups — which may include internal and/or external users — through concerted efforts, such as extensive training or certification.
- INTEGRATION WITH EXISTING ITSuccessfully integrating Hadoop with existing relational data warehouse, data marts, and analytic systems for a truly symbiotic and interconnected big data ecosystem.
Award winners will be announced at Strata + Hadoop World 2013 on Monday, October 28, 2013. The deadline to submit is midnight PT on September 30, 2013.
Nominations are open to any individual representing any organization that runs CDH in a production environment. We will also accept entries from partner sponsors of nominated organizations, but a point of contact must be provided for both the sponsor and the nominee.
Interested in nominating your organization or a respected peer’s?
For more info and to apply see: The Anouncement: