By Bob Gourley
We previously mentioned the highly regarded Wayne Wheeles. His reputation for building solutions that work at scale is well deserved and that is a huge reason we recommend you engage with him in his coming webinar with another great champion of data solutions, Justin Erickson (Cloudera’s director of product management). On 25 July the two will be discussing contributions Impala can make to some of the toughest data challenges in the modern enterprise. They will be discussing how the massively parallel processing query engine of Impala can address cyber security data challenges, and will show you what is being successfully done in enterprises today leveraging these solutions.
If you work strategy, architecture or technology associated with cybersecurity you know the challenge. Tune in to this webinar to learn about a solution that final works, at scale, in a very economical way.
Register for this webinar here: http://ctolink.us/12dZJHw
More from the invite:
Date: Thursday, July 25, 2013
Time: 10:00 am PT | 1:00 pm ET
Presenters: Wayne Wheeles, Six3 Systems and Justin Erickson, Cloudera
Cyber threat intelligence is a fast-growing trend within government, and Big Data analytics present a formidable tool to help you meet your mission needs for cyber security. Agencies and organizations must be able to operate with all data in their domains, without loss of fidelity from aggregations and normalization, while leveraging the existing data, formats and structures, metadata, security, and management frameworks powering the rest of the Hadoop system. Cloudera Impala™, an open source massively parallel processing (MPP) query engine that runs natively on Apache Hadoop™, stands as the tool of choice to address these challenges.
Join Justin Erickson, Cloudera’s director of product management, and Wayne Wheeles, Six3 Systems’ analytic, infrastructure and enrichment developer for cyber security, to learn how you can use Cloudera Impala to:
- Operate with all data in your domain
- Address cyber security analysis and forensics needs
- Combat fraud, waste, and abuse
Justin and Wayne will also present the Impala Mission Demonstration Platform (IMDP), a demo built by Wayne to test and showcase Impala’s ability to perform near-real-time network analysis for cyber security.
All are invited to attend; developers, analysts, and individuals who have a strong understanding of Hadoop are strongly encouraged to register.
- Webinar by Wayne Wheeles of Six3 Systems Will Provide New Concepts For Using Big Data Analysis To Fight Cyber Threats (ctovision.com)
- Cloudera and Platfora Leveraged to Address Hard Challenge: What do “they” know about my network? (ctolabs.com)
- Cloudera: Extract Benefit From All Your Data (ctolabs.com)
- Leading Hadoop Vendor Poised for Next Stage of Growth and Continued Service to Big Data Community (ctovision.com)
- Cloudera Impala – Fast, Interactive Queries with Hadoop (wishkane.wordpress.com)
- What The Non-Technical Person Needs To Know About Platfora (ctolabs.com)
- Links To The Most Virtuous Technologies in the Federal Space (ctolabs.com)
- Prepare for change! This is not your father’s database industry (gigaom.com)