By Bob Gourley
Wayne Wheeles is a highly regarded enterprise-technology thinker with proven past performance in building solutions that work at scale. He is also successful at concept development and is good at teaching others the lessons he has learned. On 25 July he will be providing a webinar with another great champion of data solutions, Justin Erickson (Cloudera’s director of product management) to discuss contributions Impala can make to some of the toughest data challenges in the modern enterprise. They will be discussing how the massively parallel processing query engine of Impala can address cyber security data challenges, and will show you what is being successfully done in enterprises today leveraging these solutions.
If you work strategy, architecture or technology associated with cybersecurity you know the challenge. Tune in to this webinar to learn about a solution that final works, at scale, in a very economical way.
Register for this webinar here: http://ctolink.us/12dZJHw
More from the invite:
Date: Thursday, July 25, 2013
Time: 10:00 am PT | 1:00 pm ET
Presenters: Wayne Wheeles, Six3 Systems and Justin Erickson, Cloudera
Cyber threat intelligence is a fast-growing need within government, and Big Data analytics present a formidable tool to help you meet your mission needs for cyber security. Agencies and organizations must be able to operate with all data in their domains, without loss of fidelity from aggregations and normalization, while leveraging the existing data, formats and structures, metadata, security, and management frameworks powering the rest of the Hadoop system. Cloudera Impala™, an open source massively parallel processing (MPP) query engine that runs natively on Apache Hadoop™, stands as the tool of choice to address these challenges.
Join Justin Erickson, Cloudera’s director of product management, and Wayne Wheeles, Six3 Systems’ analytic, infrastructure and enrichment developer for cyber security, to learn how you can use Cloudera Impala to:
- Hadoop offers an economical platform to offload data transformation cycles from the warehouse, and can potentially simplify and reduce errors in the process
- Hadoop brings flexibility to enterprise analytics
- Hadoop is rapidly adding capabilities – like interactive SQL – that make it easy for the business to adopt, while delivering the enterprise hardening that IT organizations require
Justin and Wayne will also present the Impala Mission Demonstration Platform (IMDP), a demo built by Wayne to test and showcase Impala’s ability to perform near-real-time network analysis for cyber security.
All are invited to attend; developers, analysts, and individuals who have a strong understanding of Hadoop are strongly encouraged to register.
Register at: http://ctolink.us/12dZJHw
- Cloudera and Platfora Leveraged to Address Hard Challenge: What do “they” know about my network? (ctovision.com)
- Leading Hadoop Vendor Poised for Next Stage of Growth and Continued Service to Big Data Community (ctovision.com)
- Request Your Inputs For A Coming CTOvision Piece on Impact of Cloudera Impala, Search and CDH releases (ctovision.com)