By Bob Gourley
AFCEA continues to help facilitate dialog on issues of importance to the nation regarding technology and national security. An event I believe you will find of high interest is their July 30-31 2013 Global Intelligence Forum. I have pasted information below from their site including a list of speakers.
AFCEA events almost always are booked solid and this will be no exception. Please register ASAP.
From their website: http://ctolink.us/11CXRZt
“Increasingly, state and non-state actors are gaining
and using cyber expertise.
…These capabilities put all sectors of our country at risk,
from government and private networks to critical infrastructures.”
-The Honorable James Clapper, Jr.
Director of National Intelligence
Worldwide Threat Assessment to the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence (March 12, 2013)
Welcome to the 2013 AFCEA Global Intelligence Forum (USA)!
For over 30 years, the government and industry members of the AFCEA Intelligence Committee have sponsored highly regarded classified symposia and conferences for intelligence professionals. Now – in partnership with AFCEA’s Cyber Committee – the Intelligence Committee is bringing that same expertise to an unclassified forum as part of its commitment to supporting the public-private partnership the nation needs to ensure secure operations in cyberspace.
On July 30-31, 2013, in the National Press Club in the heart of Washington, D.C. right near the White House, the AFCEA Global Intelligence Forum will focus specifically on the role of intelligence in the cyber domain.
During this day and a half, unclassified conference, leaders from across the government, military, and industry will explore the role that the Intelligence Community can play in helping to ensure free and secure cyberspace operations – from setting requirements, to collecting and analyzing data, to delivering insights and recommendations. In the end, the discourse will look at where industry can partner with the government to provide cyber situational awareness and indications and warning.
As you review the menu to the left, you will see a tab marked “Ask a Speaker a Question.” Using this tab you can help frame the conference agenda by submitting questions you would like specific speakers or sessions to address during the conference. On the “Program” page you can also click on a speaker’s name and submit a question for him or her.
We hope you will join us on July 30-31, 2013 for the AFCEA Global Intelligence Forum.
|Mr. Zalmai Azmi|
Ms. Terry Roberts
Vice President for Intelligence & Cyber
Deputy Director of the Intelligence Group
Conference Co-ChairMr. Mark Rosenthal
Portfolio Manager, Prevention
The MITRE Corporation
This event is sponsored by the government and industry members of the AFCEA Intelligence and Cyber Committees.
Forum Featured Speakers:
- ADM Dennis Blair, USN (Ret.), Former Commander in Chief, U.S. Pacific Command, Former U.S. Director of National Intelligence
- Mr. Eugene Kaspersky, CEO and Chairman, Kaspersky Lab
- Mr. Sean Kanuck, National Intelligence Officer for Cyber, National Intelligence Council, Office of the Director of National Intelligence
- Chief Cathy Lanier, Chief of Police, Metropolitan Police Department Washington, D.C.
- Congressman Mac Thornberry, United States House of Representatives
- Intelligence Requirements for Cyber Security
- Cyber Intelligence Best Practices
- Creating Multi-Disciplinary Cyber Intelligence Teams
- Delivering Cyber Intelligence – What is Missing?
Forum Session Speakers:
- Mr. Steven Chabinsky, Senior Vice President Legal Affairs and Chief Risk Officer, CrowdStrike, Inc.
- Lt Gen Charlie Croom, USAF (Ret.), Vice President, Cyber Security Solutions, Lockheed Martin
- RADM Edward Deets, USN (Ret.), Deputy Director, Defense Cyber Solutions, Software Engineering Institute, Carnegie Mellon
- RADM Sean Filipowski, USN, Director of Intelligence, US Cyber Command
- Mr. Rick Howard, Vice President and Chief Information Security Officer, TASC
- Mr. Robert Mayer, Vice President of Industry and State Affairs, US Telecom Association
- Mr. Rick McFeely, Executive Assistant Director of the Criminal, Cyber, Response and Services Branch, Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Mr. Troy Mattern, Technical Director for Cyber Intelligence, SEI Innovation Center, Carnegie Mellon University
- BGen Kevin Nally, USMC, Director, Command, Control, Communications and Computers, Deputy Chief Information Officer for the United States Marine Corps
- Ms. Miriam Perlberg, National Intelligence Manager for Cyber, Office of the Director of National Intelligence
- VADM Michael Rogers, USN, Commander, U.S. Fleet Cyber Command, Commander, U.S. 10th Fleet
- Mr. Paul Tiao, Partner, Hunton & Williams
- RADM Elizabeth Train, USN, Director for Intelligence, Joint Chiefs of Staff (J2)
- Mr. Mark Young, J3 Executive Director, Plans and Policy Directorate, United States Cyber Command
- Mr. Larry Zelvin, Director, National Cyber and Communications Integration Center, Department of Homeland Security
For program details, the complete speaker line-up, and online registration: http://intelforum.afcea.org
AFCEA International, established in 1946, is a non-profit membership association serving the military, government, industry, and academia as an ethical forum for advancing professional knowledge and relationships in the fields of communications, information technology, intelligence, and global security. AFCEA supports local chapters and sponsors events worldwide, brings the solutions of industry to the requirements of government, publishes the award-winning SIGNAL Magazine, promotes education, and provides member benefits – all with the purpose of equipping its members to meet government’s challenges and to further their careers. AFCEA and its chapters provide a common ground for learning that is unquestioned in its integrity and unequaled in the reach of its relationships. More than 35,000 individual members and over 2,000 corporate members support AFCEA International for the same reason: we help them succeed and enable them to serve. For more information or to join AFCEA, please visit our website: www.afcea.org.