The Security Innovation Network (SINET) is a virtuous collaborative collective led by the highly regarded mission-focused cyber security community leader Robert Rodriguez.
The mission of SINET is to advance innovation and enable global collaboration between the public and private sectors to defeat cybersecurity threats, and they have proven past performance in their ability to make a difference in this domain.
One of their key events is the annual IT Security Entrepreneurs’ Forum (ITSEF). This event is sponsored by the US Department of Homeland Security, Office of Science and Technology, and this year is being held 19 and 20 March in Palo Alto California. If you are in a high tech firm with cybersecurity capabilities, or are innovating in academia, or have cyber mission needs in government, please consider engaging at this event.
Here is more from their website:
Supported by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Office of Science and Technology
This is the forum where early stage and emerging growth companies and executives from both industry and government meet in one collegial setting. Please join us as we advance innovation, lead change and build trusted global communities of interest and trust between the public and private sectors at the 7th annual ITSEF. SINET Events do not sell speaking spots or vendor booths. This principal allows us to foster a culture of mission, trust and purpose. An environment where buyers, builders, researchers and investors are here for a common goal to advance innovation and a desire to help one another. Be part of SINET’s signature high brand reception on March 20, 2013
Early access rate ends January 29, 2013
Enhance Your Role in the Cybersecurity Ecosystem:
- Learn the needs, requirements of the Federal Government and the direction they are headed
- Increase your awareness of innovative high growth companies
- Be part of the solution and join the SINET Community of Interest & Trust at ITSEF
- Participate in One – on – One with representatives from NSA, DoD, DISA, DARPA & US Cyber Command
- Meet one on one with Venture Capitalists
- Meet the ecosystem of the entrepreneur: buyers, builders, researchers & investors all in one setting
Topics will be presented on:
- Technology will Help us Solve Humanity’s Grand Challenges, but What About the Risks?
- Active Cyber Defenses: Defining Private and Public Sector Roles
- Commercializing Government Funded Technologies
- What Technologies is the Government Looking For and How Does my Firm Respond?
What We Do:
- ITSEF is the only Cybersecurity forum of its kind designed to build communities of interest and trust between the Federal Government, system integration, private industry, innovation, venture capital, investment bank, academic, science, policy and entrepreneurial entities
- Lead change and foster open innovation models
- Provide collaborative environments that accelerate small business growth
- Increase awareness of best-of-class technologies, people, and diverse organizations
- Leader in the advancement of innovation within the cyber security domain
- Provide strategic advice on how to build global public private partnership models
- Connect global builders, buyers, investors and researchers
For more and to register see: http://www.security-innovation.org/ITSEF_2013.htm