- Physical and Cyber Infrastructure Protection Working Together – This Federal News Radio show examines how physical protection can meld with cybersecurity to increase the security paradigm. This interview included Suzanne Spaulding, Deputy Under Secretary, of the National Protection and Programs Directorate, Mark Weatherford, Deputy Under Secretary for Cybersecurity, of the National Protection and Programs Directorate, and General Harry Raduege Jr. USAF (Ret), Chairman, The Deloitte Center for Cyber Innovation. Via Federal News Radio, more here.
- U.S. government needs cybersecurity doctrine, experts say – With the release of the new book “#Cyberdoc No Borders — No Boundaries,” experts at the Potomac Institute for Policy Studies reported that the US is in dire need of policy and doctrine. Timothy Sample, the co-author of the book, believes the U.S. will “lurch from crisis to crisis.” Via Computerworld, more here.
- Over half of CIOs fail to test cloud vendors’ security – a survey of 250 IT decision makers found that have of them failed to the security systems of their cloud vendors. In addition, one in ten said they are not doing anything to address cybersecurity. Via Computing.co.uk, more here.
- Orange to pre-load Android phones with Lookout security – The telecom will be pre-loading their Android smartphones with Lookout beginning in 2013. Lookout has 25M total users, and can protect from malware, phishing, data loss and theft. Via PC Advisor, more here.
- Android devices in U.S. face more malware attacks than PCs – according to a report on Tuesday by Sophos, Android devices are attacked more often than PCs. Sophos’ study showed that 10% of Android devices were attacked while 6% of PCs were attacked in a three-month period. Via ComputerWorld Singapore, more here.