Unmanned Helicopter Reconnaissance Squadron One, Malware Campaign Against the Defense Industry, and More
Here is today’s federal cybersecurity and information technology news:
- The Navy is establishing Unmanned Helicopter Reconnaissance Squadron One (HUQ-1) effective October 1, 2012. More here.
- The Office of Management and Budget released an updated report stating that 318 data centers have been closed since 2010, 50 of them May. More here.
- The Defense Information Systems Agency only intends to let Open Logic provide support for open source software utilized by the Wounded Warrior traumatic brain injury and behavioral health project, thereby making it sole source rather than community supported. More here.
- The Department of Veterans Affairs has established the Open Source Electronic Health Record Agent to upgrade and standardize its VistA electronic health records. More here.
- Nearly half of federal agencies told the Office of the Director of National Intelligence that they did not regularly share leads through the Nationwide Suspicious Activity Reporting Initiative, a virtualized inventory of tips. More here.
- The MyAgent email trojan is targeting the defense and aerospace industries. More here.
This post by AlexOlesker was first published at CTOvision.com.