The Intelligence and National Security Alliance (INSA), a great group of US national security professionals, is a nonpartisan, not-for-profit, private sector organization which provides a forum for thought leadership, idea generation, information sharing and networking. Members include many individuals with national security backgrounds and over 150 corporate members from some of our nation’s greatest firms and academic institutions.
People from the national security community have long understood the importance of cyber operations to our national interests and INSA has a tremendous resource for the nation in this regard, an INSA Cyber Council. This volunteer group, headed by the highly regarded operational intelligence professional Terry Roberts, has produced white papers and events designed to move strategic dialog forward on some very specific cyber related topics. One line of thought being advanced by this group is how our nation should approach cyber intelligence: ways to better understand the cyber threat and then take action to mitigate it.
To further dialog on this and related topics the INSA Cyber Council has announced a Cyber Innovation Symposium to be held Wednesday, September 26, 2012, The Cyber Innovation Symposium will examine the ground-breaking initiatives being undertaken by government, industry, and academia in the technology, education, and intelligence professions.
Featured speakers from government, industry, and academia will share their ideas and vision for the next generation of innovation to maintain the United States’ leadership in the cyber domain:
- Chris Inglis, Deputy Director, NSA
- Rick Ledgett, Director, NSA NTOC
- Congressman Mike Rogers, Chairman, HPSCI (invited)
- Michael Daniel, National Cyber Security Executive, NSC (invited)
- Sean Kanuck, National Intelligence Officer for Cyber
- Tim Reardon, Vice President of Cyber Solutions, Lockheed Martin
- Rosemary Wenchel, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Defense Cyber Coordination, DHS
- John Jolly, Vice President and General Manager, General Dynamics Cyber Systems
Decision makers and thought leaders from across industry, government, and academia will also discuss the notable strides being made and the unique challenges ahead in cyber innovation in their respective sectors on three panels:
- Tech Innovation Panel – See demonstrations of ground-breaking cyber technologies from the public and private sectors
- Cyber Skill Sets and Education Panel – Learn about the work being done across all sectors to prepare the next generation of cyber warriors for their future careers
- Cyber Intelligence Panel – Senior leadership from across all sectors will discuss new strategies and technologies they are utilizing to combat the future cyber threat and lead the charge in cyber defense