Here is today’s federal cybersecurity and information technology news:
- According to their Chief Technology Officer Ajay Budhraja, the Department of Justice is embracing cloud computing. More here.
- The Transportation Security Administration is evaluating computer devices that would search for fugitives stowing away in cargo. More here.
- A white paper from the Information Sharing Environment program office proposes expanding the the National Information Exchange Model beyond counterterrorism. More here.
- The Department of Energy urges utilities to create their own cybersecurity governance for national infrastructure. More here.
- MIT’s Technology Review says that Apple’s iPhone and iTab security may prevent law enforcement from performing forensic examinations of devices. More here.
- The Department of Defense Inspector General gave the the Defense Information Systems Agency Inspector General’s office a failing grade. More here.
- The Identity Ecosystem Steering Group published a “workplan“ for implementing the White House’s National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace. More here.
This post by AlexOlesker was first published at CTOvision.com.