Here are today’s federal IT and cybersecurity stories and links:
- Tami Johnson, program manager for Army’s Rapid Equipping Force, explains that a fast acquisition of information technology will not always work. More here.
- The State and Defense Department are engaging in joint cyber war games with their Chinese counterparts. More here.
- The Obama administration expressed concerns over the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA) potentially violating privacy and civil liberties. More here.
- Marilyn Freeman, deputy assistant secretary of the Army for research and technology, expressed concerns that budget cuts coulld target defense science and technology officials disproportionately. More here.
- To cut $2 billion from their budgets, the Navy and Marine Corps will have to cut some of their IT staff. More here.