- Cybersecurity gets a 74% increase in the Homeland Security Department’s fiscal 2013 budget request while overall department funding stays constant. More here.
- The Department of Energy, Justice, and Health and Human Services CISOs agreed that they are all having trouble keeping pace with mobile risk. More here.
- The Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Energy have yet to provide plans to secure their information systems, the GAO reports. More here.
- The Intelligence Community has responded, however, that tracking the country of origin for technology does not provide sufficient insight for supply chain security as it does not account for the origin of individual components and tracking each component would be prohibitively expensive. More here.
- The Obama administration approved new guidelines allowing the National Counterterrorism Center to retain information and records on US citizens and residents for 5 years, up from 180 days previously. More here.
3/26/2012: DHS Cybersecurity Spending, Supply Chain Management, and More
March 26, 2012 By