via Market Wire
The cyber threat landscape has matured over the past 10 years, due in part to the proliferation of new technologies and an increasing reliance on the Internet for personal, business and governmental needs. Wielding their keyboards, cyber criminals exploit new and existing technologies for financial gain, to exact revenge or to carry out political coups. In their wake, they leave behind the tattered remains of unsuspecting individuals’ life savings or companies’ intellectual property, or the potential for disruption of national infrastructures.
Narus, Inc., the leader in real-time traffic intelligence for protecting governments, service providers and enterprises against cyber threats and the risks of doing business in cyber space, recently compiled a top 10 list of the latest cyber threat trends that will likely pop up over the next few years. Many on the list originated in the last decade, and have been fine-tuned to create more chaos in the years ahead.
1. Attacks via USB
2. Large-scale, targeted botnet attacks
3. DDoS attacks
4. Increased attacks on and via social networks
5. Click jacking and cross-site scripting
6. Phishing attacks from “trusted” third parties
7. Online fraud and money mules
8. Cloud computing concerns
9. Data exfiltration and insider threats
10. Attacks on mobile devices and wireless networks
Full story here.